[tripleo][ci] gate jobs killed / reset

Wesley Hayutin whayutin at redhat.com
Wed Sep 18 21:19:22 UTC 2019

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 4:40 PM Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:

> Note that I also cleared the check for tripleo projects to accelerate the
> testing of our potential fixes.
> Hopefully we can resolve the situation really soon.
>
> On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 4:29 PM Wesley Hayutin <whayutin at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> The zuul jobs in the TripleO gate queue were put out of their misery
>> approximately at 20:14 UTC Sept 17 2019.  The TripleO jobs were timing out
>> [1] and causing the gate queue to be delayed about 24 hours [2].
>>
>> We are hoping a revert [3] will restore TripleO jobs back to their usual
>> run times.  Please hold off on any rechecks or workflowing patches until
>> [3] is merged and the status on #tripleo is no longer "RED"
>>
>> We appreciate your patience while we work through this issue, the jobs
>> that were in the gate will be restored once we have confirmed and verified
>> the solution.
>>
>> Thank you
>>

>> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1844446
>> [2]
>> http://dashboard-ci.tripleo.org/d/YRJtmtNWk/cockpit?orgId=1&fullscreen&panelId=398
>> [3] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/682729/
>>

> --
> Emilien Macchi

Thanks for your continued patience re: the tripleo gate.

We're currently waiting on a couple patches to land.
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/682905/
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/682731 or
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/682945/

Also.. fyi, one can clearly see the performance regression here [1]

[1]
http://dashboard-ci.tripleo.org/d/si1tipHZk/jobs-exploration?orgId=1&from=now-90d&to=now&fullscreen&panelId=16