[ansible-sig] weekly meeting summary

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Tue Sep 17 18:37:26 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

On Friday, September 13th we had our first ever openstack-ansible-sig
meeting and here’s a summary of what we talked about.

The goal of this group would be to collaborate on points that will
lower the tech-debt of all our projects.

We think there are a few things we can work on like spanning roles,
modules, plugins, patterns, etc. We mentioned wanting to work on the
os-tempest role, the config-template, the connection plugin or mitogen
if we can extract only the connection stacking parts.

We’ll start working on the connection plugins and try to upstream when
it’s ready. owalsh has been working on the docker plugin, so he should
have his docker bits in a repository soon so we can push them into the
forked connection plugin.

We discussed getting Kolla into working on tempest things alongside
OSA and TripleO in order to make it better.

We’ll also start working on the Ansible RFE regarding connection plugins..

Thanks for tuning in!

Regards,
Mohammed

--