[kolla] Support Octavia for ubuntu binary on stable/rocky?

Mark Goddard mark at stackhpc.com
Tue Sep 17 11:21:02 UTC 2019

On Tue, 17 Sep 2019 at 12:17, Eddie Yen <missile0407 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> Roger that.
> And I'm afraid I can't patch to master branch since I didn't find any Octavia package release for stein and further.
> Also it seems like the newer Octavia package will release on newer Ubuntu distro, may not release on Bionic for now.
>
> So I'll test and use locally if success.
>
> And I think it would be better that adding check mechanism into pre-check. Throw an error message if user want to deploy Octavia on ubuntu/binary.
> I may take times to do this patch.

Interesting suggestion. We haven't done that kind of thing before, but
I suppose it could be helpful in some circumstances. OTOH, we are
working on a support matrix [1] in our documentation which would make
this information easier to find, so maybe it's not necessary?

[1] https://review.opendev.org/677500