[i18n][mogan][neutron][swift][tc][valet] Cleaning up IRC logging for defunct channels

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 05:11:25 UTC 2019

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 7:20 AM Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

> Freenode imposes a hard limit of 120 simultaneously joined channels
> for any single account. We've once again reached that limit with our
> channel-logging meetbot. As a quick measure, I've proposed a bit of
> cleanup: https://review.opendev.org/682500
>
> Analysis of IRC channel logs indicates the following have seen 5 or
> fewer non-bot comments posted in the past 12 months and are likely
> of no value to continue logging:
>
>     5 #openstack-vpnaas

I would like to add the following channels to this list in addition to
#openstack-vpnaas.
This is what I think recently but I haven't discussed it yet with the team.

- openstack-fwaas
- networking-sfc

I see only 5~20 members in these channels constantly.
Developments in FWaaS and SFC are not so active, so I don't see a good
reason to have a separate channel.
They can be merged into the main neutron channel #openstack-neutron.

Is there any guideline on how to guide users to migrate a channel to
another channel?

Thanks,
Akihiro