Long, Slow Zuul Queues and Why They Happen

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Fri Sep 13 19:03:04 UTC 2019

Hello,

We've been fielding a fair bit of questions and suggestions around Zuul's long change (and job) queues over the last week or so. As a result I tried to put a quick FAQ type document [0] on how we schedule jobs, why we schedule that way, and how we can improve the long queues.

Hoping that gives us all a better understanding of why were are in the current situation and ideas on how we can help to improve things.

[0] https://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/testing.html#why-are-jobs-for-changes-queued-for-a-long-time

Thanks,
Clark