[placement][ptl][tc] Call for Placement PTL position

Tetsuro Nakamura tnakamura.openstack at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 11:23:59 UTC 2019

Sorry for the late response.

I was on a business trip in Southeast Asia, and needed time to get internal
permission,
but finally I’d like to announce my candidacy for the PTL role of Placement
for the Ussuri cycle.

I’ve been involved with Placement since Queens cycle.
I helped to develop new features, to keep refactoring for better
performance,
and to help other projects to use it (like Blazar to meet NFV requirements
using placement).

In the U cycle, having new features on server side, I’d like to focus on
client side:
* Improve usability of osc-placement and catch up the latest microversion
* Commonize client code that helps other projects to use placement easily
and intuitively

That would help us to get more projects to use it and to get more use cases,
such as reservations for ironic standalone nodes.

Thanks!