[openstack-ansible] OSA upgrading Xenial Queens to Bionic Rocky

Jonathan Rosser jonathan.rosser at rd.bbc.co.uk
Tue Sep 10 11:17:00 UTC 2019

Hi Grant,

You need to upgrade Queens to Rocky first on your 16.04 hosts. Rocky is
the OSA transitional release which supports both 16.04 and 18.04.

At that point you can choose to do an in-place operating system upgrade,
or reinstall the hosts from fresh one by one. Either way you should not
need any additional hardware as long as you have multiple controller
nodes already.

Drop into #openstack-ansible IRC and we can help you out.

Regards,
Jonathan.