[infra] Re: [openstack-dev] Are we ready to put stable/ocata into extended maintenance mode?

Yatin Karel ykarel at redhat.com
Mon Sep 9 07:23:26 UTC 2019

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 12:57 AM Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

> On 2019-09-03 14:03:37 -0500 (-0500), Sean McGinnis wrote:
> [...]
> > The release automation can only create branches, not remove them.
> > That is something the infra team would need to do.
> >
> > I can't recall how this was handled in the past. Maybe someone
> > from infra can shed some light on how EOL'ing stable branches
> > should be handled for the no longer needed stable/* branches.
>
> We've done it different ways. Sometimes it's been someone from the
> OpenDev/Infra sysadmins who volunteers to just delete the list of
> branches requested, but more recently for large batches related to
> EOL work we've temporarily elevated permissions for a member of the
> Stable Branch (now Extended Maintenance SIG?) or Release teams.
> --
Thanks Jeremy, Sean for all the information. Can someone from Release
or Infra Team can do the needful of removing stable/ocata and
stable/pike branch for TripleO projects being EOLed for pike/ocata in
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/677478/ and
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/678154/.

> Jeremy Stanley

Thanks and Regards