[tc] Campaign Question: Treating the Problem, not just the symptoms- Burnout, No Polling, etc

Antonio Ojea antonio.ojea.garcia at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 09:49:57 UTC 2019

On Fri, 6 Sep 2019 at 15:14, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

> On 2019-09-06 13:27:53 +0100 (+0100), Chris Dent wrote:
> [...]
> > Most people work on OpenStack because it is their job or is closely
> > related to their job. But because it is "open source" and "a
> > community" and "collaborative" doing what people ask for and helping
> > others achieve what they need is but one small piece of the
> > motivation and action calculus.
> [...]
>
> I don't know that this captures my motivation, at least. I chose my
> job so that I could assist in the creation and maintenance of
> OpenStack and similar free software, not the other way around. Maybe
> I'm in a minority within the community, but I suspect there are more
> folks than just me who feel the same.

I think that the reality is that not everybody can "chose" his job.
Maybe the foundation can start to employ people to take care of the
projects with the money received from the sponsors, I'm sure that a
lot of folks will step in, not having to take time from his family
life and able to dedicate their full time to the project.