[all][ptl][tc][docs] Develope a code-review practices document

Trinh Nguyen dangtrinhnt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 04:07:36 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I find it's hard sometimes to handle situations in code-review, something
likes solving conflicts while not upsetting developers, or suggesting a
change to a patchset while still encouraging the committer, etc. I know
there are already documents that guide us on how to do a code-review [2]
and even projects develope their own procedures but I find they're more
about technical issues rather than human communication. Currently reading
Google's code-review practices [1] give me some inspiration to develop more
human-centric code-review guidelines for OpenStack projects. IMO, it could
be a great way to help project teams develop stronger relationship as well
as encouraging newcomers. When the document is finalized, I then encourage
PTLs to refer to that document in the project's docs.

Let me know what you think and I will put a patchset after one or two weeks.

[1] https://google.github.io/eng-practices/review/
[2]
https://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/review-the-openstack-way.html
[3] https://docs.openstack.org/doc-contrib-guide/docs-review.html