[tc] Gradually reduce TC to 11 members over 2020

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Sep 3 08:36:30 UTC 2019

Jean-Philippe Evrard wrote:
> On Tue, 2019-08-27 at 12:50 -0400, Jim Rollenhagen wrote:
>> I agree even numbers are not a problem. I don't think (hope?)
>> the existing TC would merge anything that went 7-6 anyway.
>
> Agreed with that.
>
> And because I didn't write my opinion on the topic:
> - I agree on the reduction. I don't know what the sweet spot is. 9
> might be it.
> - If all the candidates and the election officials are ok with reduced
> seats this time, we could start doing it now.
>
> It seems the last point isn't obvious, so in the meantime could we
> propose the plan for the reduction by proposing a governance change?

To close on that:

It's too late to change for the current election, however if we don't
get any new candidate, then the TC would mechanically get reduced to 11
already.

Based on how the election turns out, once it is over I'll propose a
governance change to gradually transition to 9 or 11 members, which will
affect future elections.

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)