not running for the TC this term

Alexandra Settle a.settle at outlook.com
Mon Sep 2 10:45:26 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2019-08-26 at 08:57 -0400, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Since nominations open this week, I wanted to go ahead and let you
> all know that I will not be seeking re-election to the Technical
> Committee this term.

This is some very sad, but unsurprising news.

> My role within Red Hat has been changing over the last year, and
> while I am still working on projects related to OpenStack it is no
> longer my sole focus. I will still be around, but it is better for me
> to make room on the TC for someone with more time to devote to it.

Good luck with your exciting new role!

> It’s hard to believe it has been 6 years since I first joined the
> Technical Committee. So much has happened in our community in that
> time, and I want to thank all of you for the trust you have placed in
> me through it all. It has been an honor to serve and help build the
> community.

Thank you for all the support and energy you have put into this
community, the projects, and the people. Your level-headed approach to
dealing with key issues, tough conversations, and difficult decisions
have had a massive affect on me and influenced so many projects and
people for the better.

Thank you for all that you've done - and good luck with everything that
is to come.

Cheers,

Alex

--