[ptl][release] Re: [stable][EM] Extended Maintenance - Queens

Lee Yarwood lyarwood at redhat.com
Wed Oct 23 10:14:41 UTC 2019

On 22-10-19 17:05:41, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> On 10/17/2019 3:31 PM, Sean McGinnis wrote:
> > The date for Queens to transition to Extended Maintenance is next week. Late in
> > the week we will be proposing a patch to tag all deliverables with a
> > "queens-em" tag. After this point, no additional releases will be allowed.
> >
> > I took a quick look through our stable/queens deliverables, and there are
> > several that look to have a sizable amount of patches landed that have not been
> > released. Elod was super nice by including all of that for easy checking in [2]
> > above.
> >
> > As part of Extended Maintenance, bugfixes can (and should) be cherry-picked to
> > stable/queens. But once we enter Extended Maintenance, there won't be any
> > official releases and it will be up to downstream consumers to pick up these
> > fixes locally as they need them.
> >
> > So consider this a last call for stable/queens releases.
>
> Nova is still working through a non-trivial backlog of backports, the main
> slowness being some of the stuff yet to land in queens still has to make it
> through stein and rocky first. I've been bugging stable cores in nova the
> last week or so but it's slow going. So just FYI that I'm not sure nova will
> be ready for the queens-em tag this week but I'm trying to get us close.

I've finally found time to try and push things through this morning.

FWIW I've also updated some dashboards I've been using for active and em
stable branch review below, hopefully others find these useful:

Add EM dashboard for Nova
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/690536/

Nova Stable Maintenance Review Inbox
http://shorturl.at/cj156

Nova Extended Maintenance Review Inbox
http://shorturl.at/moDFH

--
Lee Yarwood                 A5D1 9385 88CB 7E5F BE64  6618 BCA6 6E33 F672 2D76