[nova] Is config drive data stored in ephemeral storage?

Jean-Philippe Méthot jp.methot at planethoster.info
Tue Oct 22 20:57:56 UTC 2019

Hi,

We currently use Ceph for storage on our Openstack cluster. We set up a pool to use for ephemeral nova storage, but we never actually use it, as we prefer to use cinder block devices. However, we notice that objects are being created inside that pool. Could it be that when you use config drives, the actual config drive is created inside nova’s ephemeral storage instead of on the compute node’s disk?

Best regards,

Jean-Philippe Méthot
Openstack system administrator
Administrateur système Openstack