[oslo][futurist] Possible bug in futurist waiters.wait_for_any

info at dantalion.nl info at dantalion.nl
Sat Oct 19 06:41:12 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

I think I have found a significant bug in the futurist concurrency
library that is breaking for my application.

If I launch a threadpool and submit n > 1 number of tasks. If now for
any n of these tasks such a task calls Condition.wait(). Than when
waiters.wait_for_any is called from the main thread it will block
indefinitely instead of returning the n - 1 tasks that have completed.
Furthermore setting the timeout parameter in wait_for_any is
subsequently ignored.

I have submitted this as a bug report on launchpad:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/futurist/+bug/1848457

Any help on this is really appreciated as I think it is a significant issue.

Kind regards,
Corne Lukken (Dantali0n)

PS: I also submitted this over on stackoverflow:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58410610/calling-condition-wait-inside-thread-causes-retrieval-of-any-future-to-block-o