PostgreSQL driver has been removed from DevStack

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 18:00:33 UTC 2019

On 10/17/2019 12:12 PM, Stephen Finucane wrote:
> Just a heads up that the PostgreSQL DB driver has been removed from
> DevStack as of today [1]. This was deprecated in Pike due to lack of
> maintenance and has been on the chopping block since then. If you have
> jobs that relied on this, it would be advisable to drop these jobs now.
> I don't think the DevStack team have the resources to maintain this so
> if someone*really*  needed to keep it around, they should probably put
> together a plugin and consume it that way.
>
> Stephen
>
> [1]https://review.opendev.org/#/c/678496/

This would have been useful information before actually merging the
change to drop this code. We have at least a few postgres jobs (the
grenade one is relatively new) because we have postgres support in a few
places, like placement.

What maintenance burden did people actually have when the pg jobs didn't
break?

Matt