[ironic][release][stable] Ironic Train release can be broken due to entry in driver-requirements.txt

Jim Rollenhagen jim at jimrollenhagen.com
Wed Oct 16 15:14:12 UTC 2019

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 10:27 AM Julia Kreger <juliaashleykreger at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm okay if we just change driver-requirements.txt at this point and
> go ahead and cut new release for ironic. I actually feel like we
> should have bumped driver-requirements.txt after releasing sushy 2.0.0
> anyway.

Yeah, I think I agree here. The options I see are:

* Ironic train depends on 2.0.0. This breaks stable policy.
* We release 1.10.0 and depend on that. This breaks stable and release team
policy.
* We keep our dependencies the same and document that 1.9.0 is broken. This
breaks no policy.

The last option follows the letter of the law best, but doesn't actually
help our users. If they need to use 2.0.0 to have a working system anyway,
then the effect on users is the same as the first option, but in a
backwards way.

Let's just bring ironic to 2.0.0 and fix any breakage that comes with it.

// jim