[FFE][requirements][mistral][amqp] Failing “docs” job due to the upper constraint conflict for amqp

Matthew Thode mthode at mthode.org
Wed Oct 2 16:34:15 UTC 2019

On 19-10-02 14:57:24, Renat Akhmerov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have a failing “docs” ([1]) CI job that fails because it implicitly brings amqp 2.5.2 but this lib is not allowed to be higher than 2.5.1 in the upper-constraings.txt in the requirements project ([2]). We see that there’s the patch [3] generated by the proposal bot that bumps the constraint to 2.5.2 for amqp (among others) but it was given -2.
>
> Please assist on how to address in the best way. Should we bump only amqp version in upper constraints for now?
>
> [1] https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/6fe7c7d3e60b40458d2a98f3a293f412/log/job-output.txt#840
> [2] https://github.com/openstack/requirements/blob/master/upper-constraints.txt#L258
> [3] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/681382

I'm going to be treating this as a FFE request to bump amqp from 2.5.1
to 2.5.2.
It looks like a bugfix only release so I'm fine with it.  As long as we
don't need to mask 2.5.1 in global-requirements (which would cause a
re-release for openstack/oslo.messaging).

https://github.com/celery/py-amqp/compare/2.5.1...2.5.2

So, if you propose a constraints only bump of amqp-2.5.1 to 2.5.2 then I
approve.

--
Matthew Thode