[openstack-ansible] Stepping down as core reviewer

Jesse Pretorius jesse at odyssey4.me
Wed Oct 2 11:07:19 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

While I had hoped to manage keeping up with OSA reviews and some
contributions, unfortunately there is too much on my plate in my new
role to allow me to give OSA sufficient time and I feel that it's
important to not give any false promises. I am therefore stepping down
as a core reviewer for OSA.

My journey with OpenStack-Ansible started with initial contributions
before it was an official OpenStack project, went on to helping lead
the project to becoming an official project in the big tent, then on to
becoming a successful project with diverse contributors of which I was
proud to be a part.

Over time I learned a heck of a lot about building and leading an Open
Source community, about developing Ansible playbooks and roles at
significant scale, and about building, packaging and deploying python
software. It has been a very valuable experience through which I have
grown personally and professionally.

This community's strengths are in its leadership by operators, its
readiness to assist newcomers and in striving to maintain a deployment
system which is easy to understand and use (while somehow also being
ridiculously flexible). As Jean-Philippe Evrard has recently expressed,
this is the DNA which makes the community special.

As you should all be aware, I am always ready to help when asked and I
can also share historical context if there is a need for that so please
feel free to ping me on IRC or add me to a review and I'll do my best.

My journey onward is working with TripleO in the upgrades team, so
you'll still find me contributing to OpenStack as a whole. I'll be
hanging out in #tripleo and #openstack-dev on IRC if you're looking for
me.

All the best,

Jesse (odyssey4me)