[tripleo][ironic][ansible][openstack-ansible] Ironic/Baremetal Ansible modules

Sagi Shnaidman sshnaidm at redhat.com
Wed Nov 27 17:57:58 UTC 2019

Hi, all

in the light of finding the new home place for openstack related ansible
modules [1] I'd like to discuss the best strategy to create Ironic ansible
modules. Existing Ironic modules in Ansible repo don't cover even half of
Ironic functionality, don't fit current needs and definitely require an
additional work. There are a few topics that require attention and better
be solved before modules are written to save additional work. We prepared
an etherpad [2] with all these questions and if you have ideas or
suggestions on how it should look you're welcome to update it.
We'd like to decide the final place for them, name conventions (the most
complex one!), what they should look like and how better to implement.
Anybody interested in Ansible and baremetal management in Openstack, you're
more than welcome to contribute.

Thanks

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/684740/
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ironic-ansible-modules