[meta][K8s][API][Extended Maintenance][Operation Docs] Change SIG to Advisory status

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Fri Nov 22 08:21:52 UTC 2019

On 22/11/2019 08.03, Rico Lin wrote:
> Dear SIG members and chairs
>
> To follow the discussion in Meta SIG PTG room [1]. I would like to
> propose to change the following SIGs to Advisory status [2] to represent
> the SIG stays around for provide help, make sure everything stays
> working and provide advice when needed.
>
>   * K8s SIG
>   * API SIG
>   * Extended Maintenance SIG
>   * Operation Docs SIG

Two questions:

1) Are there even enough people around for these to be advisors?

2) What is going to happen with artifacts of Operations Docs SIG:
https://review.opendev.org/#/q/project:openstack/arch-design - no real
change since 1 year.

https://review.opendev.org/#/q/project:openstack/operations-guide has a
bit more activity.

What will happen with these two documents if the Operation Docs SIG
becomes advisory state?

Should we retire the repos and delete the content?

I don't know whether the other SIGS own any deliverables, where we need
to discuss what to do with them,

Andreas

--
 Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com Twitter: jaegerandi
  SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D 90409 Nürnberg