All VMs fail when --max exceeds available resources

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 00:02:11 UTC 2019

On 11/20/2019 5:51 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> Which release did you say that the --max 5 scenario worked where 4 would
> be successfully built but the remaining one would go to ERROR status?
> I'm just trying to figure out where/when the regression in behavior
> occurred.

Reading back on your original email, I guess it's the same release
(Rocky). I can't really understand how you got the first scenario where
you used --max 5 and 4 were built but one failed and was put into ERROR
status, especially if the environment and server create request is made
the same way. Given the links in my previous email, I would expect them
all to go to ERROR status when the scheduler raises NoValidHost. And
yeah that's likely a regression, but the inconsistent behavior is what
is weird to me.

Matt