[auto-scaling][self-healing] Discussion to merge two SIG to one

Rico Lin rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 15:54:42 UTC 2019

Dear all

As we discussed in PTG about merge two SIG to one.
I would like to continue the discussion on ML.

In PTG, Eric proposes the idea to merge two SIG due to the high overlapping
of domains and tasks.

I think this is a great idea since, over the last 6 months, most of the
discussions in both SIG are overlapped. So I'm onboard with this idea.

Here's how I think we can continue this idea:

   1. Create new SIG (maybe 'Automation SIG'? feel free to propose name
   which can cover both interest.)
   2. Redirect docs and wiki to new SIG. And rework on index so there will
   be no confusion
   3. Move repos from both SIGs to new SIG
   4. Mark auto-scaling SIG and self-healing SIG as inactive.
   5. remove auto-scaling SIG and self-healing SIG after a
   reasonable waiting time

Let us know what you think about this. Otherwise, we definitely expect this
to happen soon.

--
May The Force of OpenStack Be With You,

*Rico Lin*irc: ricolin