[tc] Recent updates and action items

Jean-Philippe Evrard jean-philippe at evrard.me
Wed Nov 20 09:20:25 UTC 2019

Hello TC members,

There are still business opportunities merging for 2019. The process
for 2020 need to start soon.

We have action items from the Summit and PTG [1] to take care. Please
review etherpads and check if any part actions that you already been
assigned or whould like to help. Here are a few action items already if
you want to help:
    - ttx: will be working on the technical vision reflection, as we
arrive at the end of the road (2019).
    - gmann:  will be working on the multiple goals he has, including
python versions. A little help would be welcomed I guess :)
    - mnaser: will be working on telemetry and an oslo project to
expose metrics for prometheus. (If I didn't get that one wrong)
    - jungleboyj: will write a blog post about the analysis of the
Foundation user survey. We should read it when it's ready and prepare
the next one
    - mugsie: is writing a new proposal for release naming based on
what we discussed at the summit
    - We all should think about stable policy and what to do about it,
based on the feedback from TheJulia/smcginnis/release+requirements
team. Maybe diablo_rojo can follow this?
    - everyone: we should promote the first contact sig to
organisations that might need help on getting things achieved in
OpenStack.
    - zaneb: will propose documentation of the process on how TC
members should vote on conflicting resolutions when there is no
predetermined consensus
    - mnaser: will be the point of contact for the infra matters of
static hosting
    - ttx: will investigate a merge tc/uc
    - evrardjp: will start the new ideas concept that was floated
before the summit and got traction during the summit.

PowerVMStackers is now a SIG [2]. However, mnaser suggested to move to
a multi-arch SIG. Mohammed, do you want to get started on this?

V release naming process is now started [3].

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/PVG-TC-PTG
[2] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/680438/
[3] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/693266/

Regards,