[magnum] Kubernetes cluster issue

Namrata Sitlani nsitlani03 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 16:06:50 UTC 2019

Hello Folks,

>From Thursday last week (Nov 14), Magnum is unable to spin up working
Kubernetes clusters. We run on Rocky Openstack release.

All our Kubernetes pods show CrashLoopBackOff status.

We use the following commands to create the Kubernetes clusters :
http://paste.openstack.org/show/786348/ .

The deployment fails with the following output :
http://paste.openstack.org/show/786287/.

We tried deploying Kubernetes v1.13.12, v1.14.8, v1.15.5 and v1.16.2
without success. However, if we use version v1.14.6 we can successfully
deploy our clusters.
Unfortunately, we cannot use v1.14.6 in production because it is not
patched for the CVE-2019-11253 vulnerability .

Since this stopped working for us on Thursday, we think that the image
update https://hub.docker.com/r/openstackmagnum/kubernetes-apiserver/tags
done 6 days ago is the culprit.
(We previously deployed clusters with versions v1.15.5 and v1.14.8
successfully.)

Can you please confirm our findings and help us find a way forward? We can
provide more logs if needed.

Thank you very much,
Namrata Sitlani