[nova][ptg] Resource provider delete at service delete

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 17:53:54 UTC 2019

On 11/14/2019 10:06 AM, Balázs Gibizer wrote:
> If the evacuation succeeded, i.e. the migration is in 'done'
> state then we are OK. But if it is finished with 'error' or 'failed'
> state then we still have an instance on the host so we should not allow
> deleting the compute service. As far as I see get_count_by_hosts will
> cover this case.

If the evacuation succeeded then we need to detect it and cleanup the
allocation from the evacuated-from-host because get_count_by_hosts won't
catch that case (that's bug 1829479). That's the TODO in my patch.

If the evacuation failed, I agree with you that get_count_by_hosts
should detect and block the deletion of the service since the instance
is still hosted there in the DB.

Matt