[nova][neutron][ptg] Nova - Neutron cross project dicussions
balazs.gibizer at est.tech
Sun Nov 10 16:35:40 UTC 2019
Nova-Neutron live-migration - ACTIVE/INACTIVE port bindings issue
* nova needs vif plug event for inactive bindings
* live migration with ml2-ovs only works by luck
* agentless drivers does not support this
* document the nova-neutron live migration workflow to create a common
for discussion. Add ijw and sean-k-mooney to the review
SR-IOV live migration utilizing kernel NET_FAILOVER feature
* aim to support live migration with SRIOV nic without traffic
interrupt by bonding a virtio interface to the SRIOV nic in the guest
kernel with NET_FAILOVER.
* There was multiple solution proposlas but no agreements about which
one to pursue.
* TODO: adrianc to propose a nova spec based on the discussion
Correlation of Bandwidth RP with PCI RP when PCI will be tracked in
* Early heads up to Neutron team that Nova things about modelling PCI
* Current best thinking on Nova side is to correlate BW RP with PCI RP
in placement with a placement aggregate.
* Nova will do the correlation
* Neutron needs to prepare for possible BW RP generation conflict
* Agreement: Neutron is OK with this plan. rubasov can help with the
neutron impact when nova makes progress.
More information about the openstack-discuss