[cinder][osc][docs] openstackclient docs for cinder v2 vs v3

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 22:58:29 UTC 2019

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 10:26 AM Eric Fried <openstack at fried.cc> wrote:
> - All of the v3 subcommands are implemented by code in the
> openstackclient.volume.v2 package. Where there's overlap, the command
> classes are identical from v2 to v3. However, it appears as though the
> v2 commands are a *superset* of the v3 commands. Specifically, the
> following appear in v2 but not v3 [4]:

A number of commands were deprecated between v2 and v3, some were just
renamed.  However, that crux of this problem is that this pass-through
was ever done in the first place.  This is the only place in OSc that
we did this rather than just copy the code between the API version
modules.  IMO that is what we need to finally do to fix this, complete
the actual duplication of the v2 bits still being called by v3 in the
v3 directories.

> So before I go creating a mess of v2-only and v2+v3 documents, I wanted
> to confirm that the above was actually intentional.
>
> - The existing hardcoded documents mention v1 and/or v2, but don't
> mention v3 at all (e.g. [5]). I want to confirm that it's okay for me to
> add mention of v3 where appropriate.

Again, folks wanted to avoid doing the work to set up v3 properly, now
the debt collector comes calling...I would hold off doing anything
with the docs until the code and tests have been properly straightened
out.

dt

--
Dean Troyer