[cinder] changing the weekly meeting time

Brian Rosmaita rosmaita.fossdev at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 21:36:38 UTC 2019

On 10/30/19 10:45 PM, Fang, Liang A wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> I agree with Rajat. Meeting happened in mid-night will prevent people to
> attend, except they have topics that must to talk with team.
>
> Openstack is widely used in Asia, but there’s no much core from Asia (in
> countries that the meeting in mid-night). Meeting time is one of the
> reason😊

I agree, the current meeting time is not Asia-friendly.  If we move the
meeting 2 hours earlier (14:00 UTC), that's 6:00 a.m. on USA Pacific
Coast, which is on the verge of not being Silicon Valley-friendly.  So
it would be good to hear from our Silicon Valley time zone contributors
(we have at least 3 who attend fairly regularly).

> Nova have two meetings, two time zone friendly. But I don’t like to
> divide the meeting to two.

I agree, I'd prefer not to do this unless there's no other way to work
out a suitable time.  Here's a chart that shows you what we're up against:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?iso=20191120&p1=224&p2=179&p3=141&p4=44&p5=237&p6=248

We discussed this issue briefly at this week's Cinder meeting, and since
we're hoping to pick up some new contributors at the Summit/PTG next
week, we agreed to take a poll after the PTG so that new contributors
can represent their respective time zones.

In the meantime, it would be good to keep this ML discussion going --
maybe someone will have a creative idea for a solution that won't
adversely impact any contributors!