Re: [tc][all] Github mirroring (or lack thereof) for unofficial projects

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Fri May 31 23:50:10 UTC 2019

On Fri, May 31, 2019, at 11:09 AM, Jim Rollenhagen wrote:
> On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 3:15 PM Jim Rollenhagen <jim at jimrollenhagen.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 2:18 PM Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
> >> On 2019-05-30 09:00:20 -0700 (-0700), Clark Boylan wrote:
> >>  [...]
> >>  > If you provide us with the canonical list of things to archive I
> >>  > think we can probably script that up or do lots of clicking
> >>  > depending on the size of the list I guess.
> >>  [...]
> >>
> >>  Alternatively, I's like to believe we're at the point where we can
> >>  add other interested parties to the curating group for the openstack
> >>  org on GH, at which point any of them could volunteer to do the
> >>  archiving.
> >
> > Thanks Clark/Jeremy. I'll make a list tomorrow, as we'll
> > need that in either case. :)
>
> I think what we want is to archive all Github repos in the
> openstack, openstack-dev, and openstack-infra orgs,
> which don't have something with the same name on
> Gitea in the openstack namespace. Is that right?

Close, I think we can archive all repos in openstack-dev and openstack-infra. Part of the repo renames we did today were to get the repos that were left behind in those two orgs into their longer term homes. Then any project in https://github.com/openstack that is not in https://opendev.org/openstack can be archived in Github too.