[uc][tc][ops] reviving osops- repos

David Medberry openstack at medberry.net
Fri May 31 17:41:50 UTC 2019

I came to this thread late, but I'm very glad for the clarity brought
to the discussion.
Yes, yes, yes, leave this in openstack.
Yes, operators wrote/write/will write OpenStack (but yes, also, there
are full-time devels that never run an openstack for others. I'm not
sure anyone is arguing against that.)
Yes, this occurred well before the emergence of SIGs and maybe that
ownership question is a valid concern. Who has commit/+2 rights to
this repo once it exists (again). I don't have a stake in this game
but maybe there should be a poll somewhere originating in
openstack.org that goes out and queries anyone registered with
openstack.org to find out if a) they are still involved b) if they
self identify as an operator c) if they self identify are they
interested in joining a SIG focused on ops.

OpenStack operators are already having some trouble
reaching/contacting/keeping involved other operators. Anything we can
do to unite in force will be a good thing.
-dave "med" medberry