[tc][ops] reviving osops- repos

Jonathan D. Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Fri May 31 12:35:01 UTC 2019

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 07:50:45AM -0400, Doug Hellmann wrote:

:My vote is a hard "no" on an openstack-operators/ namespace because I'm
:tired of perpetuating the idea that "operators" cannot (or should not)
:be "contributors" to openstack/. They *must* be contributors, because
:that's the only way open source works over the log term.

what Doug said!

The most important and perhaps most difficult thing in OpenSource is
the bravery to be bad in public. This is why the worst thing in
OpenSource is shaming people for being bad in public.

The internet has no end of my "dumb" questions and "stupid" statements
and virtually everything I know about software and operations is
because of them.

So let's dare to be bad :)

-Jon