[placement] Office Hours

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Thu May 30 13:31:12 UTC 2019

A recent poll of our members resulted in the decision to no longer hold our regular weekly meetings, but to instead switch to an Office Hour format. Now the question is when to hold them, and how often.

A time between 1400—2200 UTC would work well for US-based people, while times between 0900—1700 UTC would be best for Europe people, and 0100—0900 UTC for Asia-Pacific.

It would seem that holding it at 1600 UTC would be a good compromise for both US and Europe, but that leaves out the other half of the world. So perhaps our members in that side of the globe might be interested in holding their own Office Hour?

So I'd like your input. Respond with your preference, and after a week if there is an overwhelming favorite, we'll go with that. If there is a range of preferences, we can hold another poll to settle on one.

I'll start: my preference would be to hold weekly office hours every Wednesday at 1600 UTC.

-- Ed Leafe