About the constraints url.

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Tue May 28 08:19:17 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-05-28 at 09:28 +1000, Tony Breeds wrote:
> On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 07:26:11PM -0400, Doug Hellmann wrote:
>
> > The gate always uses a local copy of the constraints list.
this is almost always true. howver the tempest jobs use a tempest tox env
to create a venv used to generate teh tempst config
https://github.com/openstack/devstack/blob/master/lib/tempest#L592

we then uncondtionally use master upper constaits to reinstall the deps
form the local zuul clonned copy of the requirement repo.
https://github.com/openstack/devstack/blob/master/lib/tempest#L595-L597

that first invocation of tox does not use the local requirement repo
and hits the interwebs as i have seen this cause gate failures due to dns
resoltuion issues in the past. im not really sure why we do it this way to be honest.

for the tox jobs a non default constaitns file is only used if tox_constraints_file is defiend.

https://github.com/openstack-infra/zuul-jobs/blob/d1465e8b1b5ba8af4619f7bb95551cbdbb42c059/roles/tox/tasks/main.yaml#L6-L24
we dont define that in our base tox jobs in zuul jobs repo
https://github.com/openstack-infra/zuul-jobs/blob/ed1323d09616230eb44636570231b761351c845c/zuul.yaml#L86-L143
but we do set it in our openstack-tox job in the openstack-zuul-jobs repo so we shoudl be safe in that regard.

https://github.com/openstack/openstack-zuul-jobs/blob/c716915911a612ea351ab6b1718c3239e900c469/zuul.d/jobs.yaml#L343-L378

so it only where we direcly invoke tox in devstack or costom jobs that we need to be carful.