[openstack-ansible] Installing Third-Party drivers into the Cinder-Volume container during playbook execution

Henry Bonath henry at thebonaths.com
Tue May 28 02:05:12 UTC 2019

Hello, I asked this into IRC but I thought this might be a more
appropriate place to ask considering the IRC channel usage over the
weekend.

If I wanted to deploy a third party driver along with my Cinder-Volume
container, is there a built-in mechanism for doing so? (I am
specifically wanting to use: https://github.com/iXsystems/cinder)

  I am able to configure a cinder-backend in the
"openstack_user_config.yml" file which works perfectly if I let it
fail during the first run, then copy the driver into the containers
and run "os-cinder-install.yml" a second time.

I've found that you guys have built similar stuff into the system
(e.g. Horizon custom Theme installation via .tgz) and was curious if
there is a similar mechanism for Cinder Drivers that may be
undocumented.

http://paste.openstack.org/show/752132/
This is an example of my working config, which relies on the driver
being copied into the
/openstack/venvs/cinder-19.x.x.x/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cinder/volume/drivers/ixsystems/
folder.

Thanks in advance!