[nova] Should we have a known issue reno for bug 1829062 in 19.0.1 (stein)?

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri May 24 20:04:52 UTC 2019

I've got a release request for stein 19.0.1 [1] but am holding it up to
figure out if we should have a known issue release note for the nova-api
+ wsgi + eventlet monkey patch bug(s) [2][3]. [4] contains a workaround
to disable the eventlet monkeypatching which it sounds like StarlingX is
using for now, but is not really something we're recommending for
production (setting OS_NOVA_DISABLE_EVENTLET_PATCHING=1). Sean Mooney
has another workaround [5]. Should we try to clean that up for a known
issue before we release 19.0.1 given it's the first release since the
Stein GA? I tend to think "yes".

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/661376/
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1829062
[3] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1825584