[tripleo][kolla][osa][nova][deployment] Removing nova-consoleauth

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri May 24 15:21:49 UTC 2019

On 5/24/2019 7:22 AM, Tobias Urdin wrote:
> Seems like we have missed deprecating this behavior in Puppet OpenStack
> in Stein.
> I've pushed two patches to have the functionality removed and
> classes/params deprecated as per our process [1].
>
> I haven't researched further if any more action is required, so please
> let me know if something needs to be added.

A check was added to "nova-status upgrade check" in Stein (and
backported to Rocky) [1] so I don't know if you're running those upgrade
checks but that could be potentially useful during an upgrade, but at
the same time if you're just not deploying the service anymore (in
Train?) then I'm not sure how useful it would be.

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/611214/

Matt