[nova] stable-maint is especially unhealthily RH-centric

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Thu May 23 18:10:45 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-05-23 at 17:01 +0000, Elõd Illés wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was thinking to answer here... What I see is that more projects
> struggle sometimes with having enough and quick stable reviews as cores
> are busy with the development track. I know that to become a stable core
> for a project needs to be a core of that project already and to know
> stable rules. My question is: wouldn't it be possible to someone who
> proves that he/she knows and follows the stable rules could be a stable
> core without being a core before?

we have stable cores in nova that are not cores on nova.

the cirtria for stable cores are similar to normal cores

show up, do good reviews, and always keep in mind if the backport followst
the stable policy.

if you do that then you can become a stable core without ever needing to review
a patch on master. that said reviews on master never hurt.

https://protect2.fireeye.com/url?k=cef2d936-9226d444-cef299ad-86859b2931b3-fc35df5ae8e953f2&q=1&u=https%3A%2F%2Freview.opendev.org%2F%23%2Fadmin%2Fgroups%2F540%2Cmembers

https://protect2.fireeye.com/url?k=2f4a8d4b-739e8039-2f4acdd0-86859b2931b3-622999115b951b2e&q=1&u=https%3A%2F%2Freview.opendev.org%2F%23%2Fadmin%2Fgroups%2F530%2Cmembers