[nova] stable-maint is especially unhealthily RH-centric

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Wed May 22 16:38:41 UTC 2019

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 12:34:22PM -0400, Artom Lifshitz wrote:
> On Tue, May 21, 2019, 16:32 Matt Riedemann, <mriedemos at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 5/21/2019 11:16 AM, Matthew Booth wrote:
> > > Not Red Hat:
> > > Claudiu Belu -> Inactive?
> > > Matt Riedemann
> > > John Garbutt
> > > Matthew Treinish
> >
> > Sean McGinnis is on the release management team which is a (grand)parent
> > group to nova-stable-maint and Sean reviews nova stable changes from
> > time to time or as requested, but he's currently in the same boat as me.
> >

> Wait, did I miss something? We at RH were told it was business as usual
> with respect to upstream community collaboration with Huawei.

We had been told internally to hold off for awhile, but I believe the OSF and
our internal teams have done all the due diligence they've needed to make sure
we are in the clear as far as participating upstream. Our team should be more
active again.

Great to hear that is what RH has communicated as well. If anyone else has any
concerns I can try to track down answers.

Sean