[nova][cinder][ptg] Summary: Swap volume woes

Lee Yarwood lyarwood at redhat.com
Mon May 20 14:08:02 UTC 2019

On 08-05-19 11:03:17, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> On 5/6/2019 8:18 AM, Lee Yarwood wrote:
> > - Deprecate the existing swap volume API in Train, remove in U.
>
> I don't remember this coming up.

Apologies, I think I trying to suggest that we could deprecate the
underlying swap volume logic and replace it with some basic attachment
update logic while keeping the same URI etc. IIRC you suggested this
would be useful during the session.

> Deprecation is one thing if we have an alternative, but removal isn't
> really an option. Yes we have 410'ed some REST APIs for removed
> services (nova-network, nova-cells) but for the most part we're
> married to our REST APIs so we can deprecate things to signal "don't
> use these anymore" but that doesn't mean we can just delete them.
> This is why we require a spec for all API changes, because of said
> marriage.

Understood and I have every intention of writing this up in a spec now
I'm back from PTO.

Cheers,

--
Lee Yarwood                 A5D1 9385 88CB 7E5F BE64  6618 BCA6 6E33 F672 2D76