[nova][all][ptg] Summary: Same-Company Approvals

Artom Lifshitz alifshit at redhat.com
Thu May 16 15:41:11 UTC 2019

Top posting to change the topic slightly: same-company approvals for
the stable branch.

I brought this up at today's Nova meeting, and my takeaway was as
follows. Please correct me if I got something wrong.

1. Judgment! Yes, this is hard to define.
2. If you feel uneasy about merging a thing, don't do it.
3. A backport by a stable-maint core counts as a proxy +2 if the
backport is an obvious bugfix and is clean.
4. We still need 2 +2's on a patch, proxy +2's count towards that.
5. As on master, we should strive to avoid 100% same-company patches.
6. The original patch author counts. A patch from company A can be
approved by 2 cores from company B. One of those cores can be the
backporter, with the caveats in point 3.
7. All of this can be superseded by point 1 if necessary.

--
Artom Lifshitz
Software Engineer, OpenStack Compute DFG