[oslo][requirements] Bandit Strategy

Herve Beraud hberaud at redhat.com
Thu May 16 09:29:05 UTC 2019

Hello,

To help us to be more reactive on similar issues related to requirements
who drop python 2 (the sphinx use case)
I've submit a patch https://review.opendev.org/659289 to schedule
"check-requirements" daily.

Normally with that if openstack/requirements add somes changes who risk to
break our CI we will be informed quickly by this periodical job.

I guess we will facing a many similar issues in the next month due to the
python 2.7 final countdown and libs who will drop python 2.7 support.

For the moment only submit my patch on oslo.log, but if it work, in a
second time, we can copy it to all the oslo projects.

I'm not a zuul expert and I don't know if my patch is correct or not, so
please feel free to review it and to put comments to let me know how to
proceed with periodic jobs.

Also oslo core could check daily the result of this job to know if actions
are needed and inform team via the ML or something like that in fix the
issue efficiently.

Thoughts?

Yours Hervé.

--