[all] [TC] [elections] Proposed Dates

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Thu May 16 05:15:44 UTC 2019

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 11:38:42AM +0200, Thierry Carrez wrote:

> We historically placed TC elections after PTL elections because some people
> found it useful to know if they were elected PTL before running (or not
> running) for a TC seat.
>
> Is that still a concern? If not, I think it's just easier to do both at the
> same time (nominations, campaigning, election).

Personally I think it's less of an issue now that in the past.  There
are some good points to doing both elections at the same time.  Given
we've shifted event timing recently we're going to hit this more often
going forward.  However, if it is a concern how can we mitigate that?

Moving the PTL elections forward to avoid the overlap makes them pretty
early and extends the 'double PTL' time, moving the TC elections later
reduces the time TC members have to make arrangements with employers to
get approval to be in Shanghai.

Yours Tony.