[all] [TC] [elections] Proposed Dates

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Thu May 16 05:00:42 UTC 2019

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 06:35:53AM -0500, Sean McGinnis wrote:

> I personally don't see this being an issue and think it could be beneficial
> from a community focus point of view. I wonder if that would cause some
> challenges for the election officials though. I would guess that the election
> tooling is currently only able to handle one type of election at a time.

Yes, currently we have a couple of places that "do the right thing"
based on the election type.  At this point we'd create a new type called
combined (or similar) and basically have it to the aggregate of the 2
existing types.  While I don't think the coding will be too hard but it
does add a small amount of risk during the election itself.

Yours Tony.