[all] [TC] [elections] Proposed Dates

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Wed May 15 11:35:53 UTC 2019

> > This format makes it easier for election officials since we would only
> > need to generate the electorate once for both elections. We can create
> > whatever polls we need to for PTL elections at the same time we make the
> > TC election poll. All in all less confusing for the electorate as well
> > (hopefully).
>
> We historically placed TC elections after PTL elections because some people
> found it useful to know if they were elected PTL before running (or not
> running) for a TC seat.
>
> Is that still a concern? If not, I think it's just easier to do both at the
> same time (nominations, campaigning, election).
>
> --
> Thierry Carrez (ttx)

I personally don't see this being an issue and think it could be beneficial
from a community focus point of view. I wonder if that would cause some
challenges for the election officials though. I would guess that the election
tooling is currently only able to handle one type of election at a time.

Sean