[all[tc][ptls] Success bot lives on!

Alexandra Settle a.settle at outlook.com
Tue May 14 15:59:22 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Hope you're all settled back in after an absolutely crazily long week in Denver.

The TC met on Saturday the 4th of May for the PTG and we had a large group discussing how we can evolve our systems towards more simplicity, fun, exciting, enjoyable, and rewarding (take your wordy pick). But in the mean time, we don't appear to celebrate the little things anymore.

One of the proposals to this was to revive success bot for consistent use. For those who don't know or remember what success bot is, it is a success IRC bot (*dramatic gasp*) that makes it simple to record "little moments of joy and progress" and share them. Review this article for more info [1] or the original email from Thierry [2].

It is clear that we still have some using it, with about ~25 posts last year and 2 so far this year, but I think we can do better than that. There are a lot of new people in the community, so I hope this generates more interest!

So whenever you feel like you (or someone) made progress, or had a little success in your OpenStack adventures, or have some joyful moment to share, just throw the following message on your local IRC channel:

#success [Your message here]

The openstackstatus bot will take that and record it on the wiki page [3].

Cheers,

Alex

IRC: asettle
Twitter: dewsday

[1] https://superuser.openstack.org/articles/success-bot-helps-share-your-happy-moments-in-the-openstack-community/

[2] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-October/076552.html

[3] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Successes

p.s  - The bot still only works in channels where openstackstatus is present (the official OpenStack IRC channels), and we may remove entries that are off-topic or spam.