[telemetry] Team meeting agenda for tomorrow

Tobias Urdin tobias.urdin at binero.se
Fri May 10 12:16:01 UTC 2019

Interesting thread!

I was very intrigued about reading this thread, and reading through
Julien's blog posts.
We are consuming the various Telemetry projects and I would like to get
more involved in the Telemetry-effort.

The mentioned Train roadmap ethernetpad [1] is a great start on defining
the focus for the Telemetry projects.

I think this is a great start to getting to the roots of how, based on
the words of Julien's, how Ceilometer should
have been build and not how it was built to work around all the
limitations of the old OpenStack era.

Most new deployments are probably already using Gnocchi, I'm including
myself, were even third parties has
implemented billing connections to the API. In my opinion the bigger
questions here is how the various Telemetry
parts should evolve based on the theory that storage is already provided.

There should be a lot of thought put into the difference between a
metrics- and billingbased storage solution
in the back.

I'll check out the Doodle and see if I can make the next meeting.

Best regards
Tobias

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/telemetry-train-roadmap