topic: ironic boot from cinder volume(the cinder volume backend is ceph storage)

Jason Anderson jasonanderson at uchicago.edu
Wed May 8 16:24:45 UTC 2019

Thanks Jay!

So I guess if one wants to use the iSCSI gateway with Ironic now, one would have to use the 'external' storage interface available since Rocky and do the poking of Ceph out of band. That won't really work for our use case, but perhaps others could take advantage.

I'm very grateful that the Cinder team is spending time on this!

Cheers,
/Jason