[nova][ptg] Summary: Tech Debt

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed May 8 16:07:44 UTC 2019

On 5/6/2019 3:12 PM, Eric Fried wrote:
> - Remove the nova-console

I'm still not clear on this one. Someone from Rackspace (Matt DePorter)
said at the summit that they are still using xen and still rely on the
nova-console service. Citrix supports Rackspace and Bob (Citrix) said we
could drop the nova-console service, so I'm not sure what to make of the
support matrix here - can we drop it or not for xen users? Is there an
alternative?

On the other hand, there was an undercurrent of support for deprecating
the xenapi driver since it's not really maintained anymore and CI hasn't
worked on it for several months. So if we go that route, what would the
plan be? Deprecate the driver in Train and if no one steps up to
maintain it and get CI working, drop it in U along with the nova-console
service and xvp console?

Matt