topic: ironic boot from cinder volume(the cinder volume backend is ceph storage)

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Wed May 8 15:55:18 UTC 2019

Just brainstorming....

Would it be possible to set up a couple of VMs as iscsi LIO gateways by hand while this feature is being developed and using that end point to boot an Ironic node? You may also be on a late enough version of Ceph to do it using http://docs.ceph.com/docs/mimic/rbd/iscsi-overview/.

Not self-service but could work for a few cases..

Tim